Dear reader, I’m telling you something that even my husband does not know–I just spent the last 20 minutes figuring out how much it would cost to go to Istanbul.
I’m insane, you say? You are right. But in the spirit of full disclosure, here are the thoughts I’ve been having…
1. I really want to go to Istanbul. I’ve had this thought for a while. It seems like a really important thing for me to do. I’d like to learn more about Islam. I really would. I don’t like the fact that people hate it so much, yet I know nothing about it. But at the same time, I don’t want to go anywhere…I’m going to say ‘more hardcore’ for lack of a better term…than Istanbul. I would be like Islam Lite, if you will.
2. I bet I could rearrange my flights with very few fees. Aer Lingus flies from Dublin to Istanbul–I’m sure I could find a way to finagle it. Yes, I used the word finagle. I don’t know if that’s even a word, but there it is.
3. Gee it is cheap to stay in Istanbul.
4. Damn Istanbul is beautiful. See number one, and picture above.
5. I have a whole week between Vegas and London….
It is at that point that I stopped. Nay, it is at that point that I MUST BE STOPPED! Fortunately the little mom on my shoulder–I don’t have an angel and a devil, I have a little me and a little mom–told me to cut it out already. Thanks tiny mom.