I’m kind of sad that our Vegas trip is almost upon us, because that means I can’t look forward to it anymore. Though, to be fair, Vegas was more than eclipsed by the Europe planning, and the extent of my ‘looking forward’ was an occasional flip through my last year’s Vegas photo album on Facebook. But today I bought Time Out Las Vegas, packed my bag, and now I’m just sitting around waiting for it to be Sunday.
While I sit around waiting, I thought it would be fun–and encourage forward-looking–to come up with a list. Because I love lists. So, without further ado, here’s the ‘Things I Didn’t Get To Do Last Year in Vegas That I Want To Do This Year’ list…
1. Get off of the strip more, particularly for meals.
2. Go inside the Bellagio and check out the botanical gardens.
3. Visit the far south part of the strip.
4. Whilst doing #3, visit the shark reef at Mandalay Bay.
5. See LOVE–which should be easy, as we already have tickets.
6. See a real comedian. Bill Cosby is going to be there our last night–I’m contemplating buying tickets now.
7. Go to ‘old Vegas’–downtown. See the awful light show on Freemont street, and eat a 99 cent shrimp cocktail.
8. Take better pictures, including a slew of photos that will convince a friend of mine that Vegas is beautiful (and much cooler than Disney World).
9. This one probably isn’t going to happen still but…take a day trip to the Grand Canyon.
10. Win money. (Though I guess then ‘gamble’ would have to be on the list!)